August 28th, 2019
August 28th, 2019
President & CEO
The Data Manager will support our capacity to collect, process, and use information about our programs and operations to further our mission. This role will support our goal to use data to drive program design and decision making within our organization and collaborate with other staff to promote a culture of continuous improvement across the organization. Also responsible for staying informed and knowledgeable of relevant research developments and frameworks in youth development to share and adopt internally as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Oversee and manage program evaluation and research to assess youth outcomes using Algorhythm’s Hello Insight System.
- Serve as main liaison with partners (Algorhythm and Youth Inc.) to coordinate use of the impact evaluation systems.
- Serve as main liaison with program staff to coordinate administration of pre/post surveys to assess youth (and staff, if applicable) outcomes
- Collect and analyze program data (ex: attendance data, academic data) and prepare reports summarizing analyzed results.
- Synthesize and share insights with senior leadership and program staff, identify key learnings and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide support to all programs as needed, including assisting internal teams to develop logic models, articulate theory of change, specify milestones, and identify indicators of success
- Work closely with Development / Communications staff to provide outcome information for proposal writing and donor outreach materials
- Facilitate and support development/communications staff in effective communication with external audiences, presentations, data, key partner meetings, reports, briefs, and donor outreach, etc…
- Develop staff professional development activities, meeting agendas, and discussion opportunities to promote reflection, learning, and data-based decision making among staff.
- Participate in research and needs assessment to identify communities who could benefit from PowerPlay NYC.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work with and advise program staff with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Experience managing program evaluation across multiple sites
- Capable of analyzing complex data and then reducing it to its simplest terms to promote organization-wide understanding and action planning
- Ability to use knowledge (of report data, youth development research, etc.) to broaden the range of problem-solving options for program staff and senior leadership to improve programs
- Demonstrated record of managing complex projects, meeting deadlines, and handling competing and changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well organized with acute attention to detail while being able to see the big picture
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
- Strong desire to continuously learn and take on new challenges
- Experience in troubleshooting networks, printers, computers, and maintain websites is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate or better proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel is a must!)
- Knowledge of utilizing Google Drive to receive and share documents
- Experience with CitySpan/Youth Services/DYCD Connect platform a plus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally noisy. It is an open office floor plan.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, by clicking below:
jobs, positions, hire, hiring