Program Manager SSLA
May 2nd, 2023
Program Manager SSLA
May 2nd, 2023
President and CEO
The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing PowerPlay’s SuperSTARS Leadership Academy (SSLA). The position provides leadership in creating an inviting and safe environment for extra-curricular and academic opportunities for high school students. Responsible for assuring high-quality program services and support to enrolled students and their families. The position requires the ability to manage multiple projects, think creatively to access resources and evaluate existing programs/relationships. Responsible for managing and training coaches, as well as planning and executing programs. The Program Manager will help promote a positive image of PowerPlay’s core mission, values and purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Program Management: SuperSTARS Leadership Academy (SSLA)
- Implement recruiting process to identify and secure cohort participants.
- Develop itinerary for SSLA programming (including identification of key partners/vendors, trips, workshops and speakers).
- Identify, secure and assign all SSLA sports and leadership coaching staff & administrative team.
- Create and lead coach training and student orientations.
- Serve as Site Supervisor for SSLA Summer Program.
- Serve as lead PowerPlay liaison with corporate mentors and colleges throughout the academic year.
- Develop sports curriculum, leadership curriculum, College & Career Readiness Program, Mentor Program and Peer Coaching Program.
- Work with Programs team to coordinate and lead activities.
- Accountable for tracking attendance and working with Data Consultant (or equivalent) to capture all necessary pre and post summer programming data/surveys.
- At least 5 years of experience in education and positive youth development providing school based, after-school and summer related programming; At least 2 years of supervising a team.
- Requires safety and security clearances through the Department of Education.
- Expert understanding of NYC and NY State education requirements in an urban setting.
- Possess management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to the mission, vision and culture of PowerPlay NYC.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions.
- Exceptional skills for analyzing data and attention to detail.
- Time management and multitasking skills in order to handle tasks
- Demonstrated ability to manage and balance a wide range of projects and duties in fast moving environment.
- Prioritization skills – manage your time well, organize your day and make the best use of your time based on the level of urgency and importance of tasks.
- Well organized with systematic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school leadership and coaches.
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude and the ability to connect and collaborate with others.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals applying tact and discretion as situations demand.
- Responsible and professional conduct serving as role model to staff and youth.
- Flexible and adaptable – ability to work with changing conditions and priorities, willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Proactive, “can-do” approach/attitude; demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
- Pleasant demeanor and demonstrates emotional intelligence.
- Accountable – willing to accept responsibility for tasks, projects and outcomes.
- Ability to identify and anticipate problems, analyze situations and recommend solutions/problem-solve.
- Demonstrates ability to create and implement program budgets.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference in Education, Psychology, or Social Work.
- Knowledge of sports is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of utilizing Google Drive to receive and share documents.
- Experience with CitySpan/Youth Services/DYCD Connect platform a plus.
- Work some weekends and nights.
The usual and customary methods of performing this position’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling so has a moderate degree of physical stamina.
- Frequent and prolonged standing, walking, bending and occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
- Position will require consistent visits to the storage unit to secure, return, and distribute sporting equipment with coaching staff.
- Must adhere to PowerPlay’s dress code policy.
- Travel to school sites, Community-Based Organizations, sports venues, corporate partner sites, parks and other designated sites as necessary.
- Travel with staff and program participants to events, sports venues, corporate partner sites, parks and other designated sites as necessary.
- Travel 15% of the time.
$50,000 - $60,000 (salary commensurate with experience)
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, by clicking below:
jobs, positions, hire, hiring