Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Coach will facilitate a leadership development curriculum for PowerPlay’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers after school program located at Frederick Douglass Academy III Secondary School (3630 Third Avenue, Bronx, NY 10456). The position requires the ability to write lesson plans and facilitate social-emotional learning activities. The Coach will help promote a positive image of Powerplay’s core mission, values, and purpose.
COACHING AND FACILITATION
• Coach at an after-school program site for 2 hours. Powerplay NYC will select the coaching sites, based on coach preference and availability.
• Follow designated curriculum and collaborate with co-coach in advance.
• Develop lesson plan and activities in advance and share with site and Powerplay NYC staff.
• Maintain appropriate communication (email, social media, or verbal communication) and physical boundaries with participants and staff.
• Adhere to proper mandated regarding any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the relevant authorities with support of leadership team.
• Keep PowerPlay staff informed of pertinent site information, including any challenges in fulfilling site responsibilities.
• Report site injuries via appropriate forms and immediately communicate incidents with Senior Program Manager and Site Coordinator.
• Communicate with PowerPlay NYC leadership staff regarding conflict resolution, crisis intervention or emotional distress.
• Collect enrollment packets and surveys (pre and post) from school/site contacts within the designated timeframe.
• Support with data entry of program-based surveys.
• Track attendance weekly and maintain program site roster.
• Complete online timecard by required deadlines.
• Attend mandatory training and program meetings.
• 1-2 years of facilitating programs that teach social emotional skills and leadership to high school students.
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to the mission, vision and culture of PowerPlay NYC.
• Ability to identify and anticipate problems, analyze situations and recommend solutions/problem-solve.
• Proactive, “can-do” approach/attitude; demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
• An excellent team player with a positive attitude and the ability to connect and collaborate with others.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of student information.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions and school-age childcare guidelines.
• At least 1 year of experience working with School Age Children and youth.
• Holds a NY State teaching certification (Preferred).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Intermediate or better proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and general ability to learn new software.
• Knowledge of utilizing Google Drive to receive and share documents.
The usual and customary methods of performing this position’s functions require the following physical demands:
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling so a moderate degree of physical stamina.
• Frequent and prolonged standing, walking, bending and occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
• Must have the ability to stand, walk, or sit on the floor while working with students in a program setting.
Job Type: Part Time
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, by clicking below: